A blog about making art and other things using cloth, paper, paint, colour, stitch, and all sorts of exciting techniques, some of which I'm sure I still have to discover! I hope that the joy all this gives me is visible in what you can see here.

Wednesday 4 October 2017

Some Stitching on the Horizon at Last!


At last I feel a textile piece is almost ready for the making! Above is my final plan for what I think will look good in cloth, paint and stitch. Two close-up views below.


It's an abstracted view, developed from my photo of the gulls on the beach a couple of weeks ago, you can read about process in the two previous posts.


I have taken inspiration for the background from the razor shell sketches, as I wanted to keep everything linked to the seashore, and I also feel that my simplified sketches of the gulls wings and tail feathers, relate very well to the shapes for the sea and sky.

My final stage now is to get out the cloth, paints and thread, give the sewing machine a good oiling, and fingers crossed I will soon have a piece of textile art to show you, the first for quite some time!

Thanks yet again, for reading my blog, and I hope you have also been inspired to get creating!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments and prefer to reply straight away on the same page, that way it feels more like a friendly chat!