A blog about making art and other things using cloth, paper, paint, colour, stitch, and all sorts of exciting techniques, some of which I'm sure I still have to discover! I hope that the joy all this gives me is visible in what you can see here.

Wednesday 18 October 2017

Print and paint.


The weekend collagraph workshop was so inspirational, I've become impatient to do more! I still need to buy the correct inks and paper, but decided to have a go anyway, with what I already have.


I've used relief ink instead of etching ink, and some mixed media paper instead of the recommended cartridge paper. However, I made a couple of plates using some fennel seed heads from the garden, foil and glue.


I made a ghost print of the full seed head, but all three prints needed some extra work. I have added  extra colour and detail with watercolour and gouache  paint, but have thoroughly enjoyed myself again, and feel reasonably happy with the results. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments and prefer to reply straight away on the same page, that way it feels more like a friendly chat!