A blog about making art and other things using cloth, paper, paint, colour, stitch, and all sorts of exciting techniques, some of which I'm sure I still have to discover! I hope that the joy all this gives me is visible in what you can see here.

Saturday 16 September 2017

A Pembrokeshire Break.


I have just returned from a short break visiting family in Pembrokeshire, West Wales. We spent an afternoon in St. David's, and of course couldn't miss the opportunity to go into the Cathedral which makes St. David's  the smallest city in the UK! The original building, now a ruin, can be seen below, and stands just behind the more recent building, above.




Above is a photo that I took of the wonderful embroidery stitched by Amanda Wright, depicting the life of Saint Caradog, and below are a couple of  closer details.





The gate above took my eye one afternoon while we were walking along the seafront in Newport., and below I just loved the way that the stones and rocks had been placed to strengthen the shallow incline that was supporting the garden above.



So many Canadian Geese were milling and swimming around in the estuary of the river, I don't think I have ever seen so many in one place like that before. I took many photos of them, and am hoping to make some stitched pieces using them as inspiration.



We visited Picton Castle Gardens which are also beautiful, and where there are  a number of sculptures to be enjoyed, including a dragonfly with gorgeous bright blue wings. I thought the reflection in the water of the small lake made an interesting image.

Armed with plenty of inspiration, I'm hoping to get back into some stitched artwork very soon now. Many thanks for visiting my blog, and I hope your summer/winter breaks will also inspire your creativity. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments and prefer to reply straight away on the same page, that way it feels more like a friendly chat!