A blog about making art and other things using cloth, paper, paint, colour, stitch, and all sorts of exciting techniques, some of which I'm sure I still have to discover! I hope that the joy all this gives me is visible in what you can see here.

Sunday 25 June 2017

Using the watercolour backgrounds.



I have been adding bird paintings to some of my experimental watercolour backgrounds. These backgrounds were produced in one of my art classes, using clingfilm, or other cellophanes by pressing them into the wet paint, and leaving them there until the paint is dry.


I have added the birds to the examples that had a more tree or plantlike pattern, but also further accentuated by adding more colour into some of the negative spaces.



Oh dear, this poor Jackdaw only appears to have one leg! I will have to help him out by adding another!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments and prefer to reply straight away on the same page, that way it feels more like a friendly chat!