A blog about making art and other things using cloth, paper, paint, colour, stitch, and all sorts of exciting techniques, some of which I'm sure I still have to discover! I hope that the joy all this gives me is visible in what you can see here.

Saturday 6 May 2017

No stitch or cloth, but plenty of colour!


April was a very busy month, no blogging, no stitching and no cloth! I had all my family here with me in Eastbourne, including my daughter and grandson from New Zealand.

 

One of my grandsons was celebrating his birthday, so a wonderful excuse for HUGE icecreams, and very scrummy they were too! Then my daughter decided to treat me to afternoon tea. Not on the same day I hasten to add, but that also went down very well!!! Just look at that huge smile on my greedy face.

 

Spring also arrived in all its glory, and we walked on Beachy Head one sunny evening when the sun was beginning to set over the sea.



Low tide at the beach revealed pebbles caught in the groynes, and some interesting sea worn groynes on the beach. Hopefully inspiration for some future mixed media artwork.


Unusual milky green coloured sea as the skies above became more and more stormy looking.


That same stormy sky looking east from the seafront towards Hastings.


Finally, a good blowy walk across the South Downs with my sister and some friends on May day. Everything has gone rather quiet again now, with family all returned to their respective homes from New Zealand to West Wales. The family time has been a wonderful and precious interlude, but I'm now ready to get back into making art, watch this space folks, and thanks for looking in this time too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments and prefer to reply straight away on the same page, that way it feels more like a friendly chat!