A blog about making art and other things using cloth, paper, paint, colour, stitch, and all sorts of exciting techniques, some of which I'm sure I still have to discover! I hope that the joy all this gives me is visible in what you can see here.

Sunday 8 January 2017

Developing an idea.


A few posts ago I showed how I had added stitch to a mixed media painting that I decided to print onto cloth. You can see the original painting below left, and the stitched print below right. My last post showed how I have been playing around with some photos I took of Eastbourne Pier, adding paint onto different backgrounds. Today I decided to print the pier onto some cloth, (although my printer didn't seem to enjoy the experience!!) and add it to the stitched piece below. You can see the result above. I'm quite pleased with the majority if it, but I may change the way I have tackled the sky.




I have also printed a cropped version of the image below onto some canvas, and have added stitch. I have enjoyed playing around with these combined photographic and painted background images, so am eager to continue experimenting further.


Thanks for your company.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments and prefer to reply straight away on the same page, that way it feels more like a friendly chat!